Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My Lucy

I have a ton of stuff going on in my life right now and many things to look forward to but it seems like my thoughts are all directed toward one thing... Lucy. I'm contemplating the bittersweet transition of bringing a sibling into her life and how that will affect her and I'm thinking about how I can be a better mom to her and try to lead her strong, defiant personality in the right direction.

Lucy is the joy of my life. I can't wait for her to wake up in the morning, and then I immediately begin counting the minutes till naptime. I can't help but share her frustrations when she's throwing a tantrum in the Target parking lot because she doesn't understand why she can't just run around. In some ways I can relate. I'm sure I act much the same way when God gives me challenges I just don't understand... Of course He sees the wisdom in my trials but all I want is to throw a tantrum. I guess that's what parenting is all about... maybe it teaches us a little more about the nature of God and what He is trying to do for us.

I hope when Lucy is grown she can look back at me as her mother with forgiveness and understanding. I don't always know the best way to help her or the right thing to do but I love her always, I will be right there when she falls and I will forgive her for anything.





3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are such a good mom Tamara! The one great benefit and blessing of love is that as you divide it, it multiplies so much more! Enjoy your double blessings.
Will be thinking of you for the next 2 weeks.
So sorry I can't come and help :( Know we love you!
-Debbie

That last photo is so cute...love your hair!

Alicia said...

You look adorable pregnant! I'm sure you're glad it's over, though. :)

Congrats!

Jennie said...

What a sweet post. I felt that way a lot before my second was born. But a sibling is the greatest gift you can give your child. And....I bet that you're a GREAT mom! You were such a fun roommate. In fact, I've incorporated the "one fun thing a day" philosophy into my parenting. Even if it's just scooping ice cream straight out of the box after a rotten day...