Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Cereal Box was the Answer

This week was a little crafting and a whole lot of Lucy! First I wanted to share a discovery I made when putting together a few of those fancy burp cloths with the left-overs from my car seat cover quilt. I think those things are so stinkin' cute but I was dreading the ironing. I hate measuring with that slidy ruler thing and trying to get all the edges even. But... I found this tutorial on-line that changed everything! Here's the gist of it...


A Cereal Box. Brilliant right? I made all these...

.. in about 1 and 1/2 nap times.

I also knitted a baby hat this week but my tension was a little off so the shape wasn't quite what I wanted. But, if anyone knows a particularly cone-headed baby who is in need of a warm pink hat, please let me know.

Lucy and I had tons of fun this week. We were constantly on the go visiting people and doing cool things. We have this "farm" (I use the term loosely since I grew up on an actual farm and it is nothing like this little park/petting zoo in the middle of the suburbs where you can take a 3rd grade class on a field trip) near our house that we like to visit. You can feed the ducks, smell real manure, and practice making animal sounds to all the cows, pigs and horses you meet.

Here's LuLu feeding the ducks.





And eating a stale tortilla I brought to feed the animals.

... Good times.

Lucy is starting to learn to smile for the Camera, and I got this cute picture of a pasta filled smile at the Olive Garden later in the week.

More adorableness running around in a friend's backyard. (Our yard isn't nearly this nice)


And of course mowing the lawn.

What a great little girl. She is in such a cute phase and is really easy to just enjoy. She is learning something new everyday and I love her so much!! Well, have a good week my friends! Love, Tam

PS..... Ok, So I may or may not have stood in line this week in the juniors section of Nordstrom with 3 other grown women to get free tickets to an upcoming movie about teenage vampires..... and...... I may or may not have bought a t-shirt for the event that says "Jacob" across the back...... gotta-go-bye!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lucy is so adorable! Bravo on the crafts, i am impressed!

Audrey said...

Okay. I may or may not tease you everytime I see you or the alleged tee-shirt. Jacob...team Jacob! come on, Vamps are in (and you have read the books!)

I love LuLu too...